Monday, March 31, 2008
These are the needles that I painted for my swappee for the Red Sox Swap I'm in. The needle tops are rounded and small, so I couldn't trace the icon on, but I'm pretty happy with the way they came out freehand. It makes me appreciate the detailing that
went into the flowers painted on the needles I have from Peace Fleece.
Despite buying an itty bitty paintbrush for the job, it still took immense concentration to not shake my hand or make any sudden movements.
As I am prone to sudden, erratic movements, this was no small task, and I'm pretty sure I drive my pottery teacher nuts.
Speaking of which, that bowl is the first thing I made on the wheel worth firing. I love it despite its asymmetry. And I did glaze it like that on purpose :)
This is my progress on the Endpaper Mitts.
I found a suggestion on Ravelry to cast on with the size 2 dpns instead. And if you scroll down to a few posts ago, you can see how much better this edge looks, size wise. And it even fits over my hand now!
My colorwork is a bit wonky on the bottom, but maybe that will motivate me to attempt blocking when I'm through. I really love the way the pattern looks, I love my colors....it's just too bad that it'll be 60 degrees out by the time I finish. Oh well, winter is half the year up here anyways :) In theory, we should be deep into mud season, but it's been a cold spring, and the only mud I've seen has been on farms...on warmer days.
It appears that I was flaked on for the Cocoa Swap, so that's kind of disappointing, though even if I got a package in the next week or so it would still be cocoa weather.