Thursday, January 17, 2008

Cocoa Swap Week #2 Topic

Now that we're in the thick of 'Winter'... has your knitting changed to match the season? Are you moving on from dishcloths, and tank tops to afghans, hats and mittens? Has your yarn changed from silk or cotton to wool, superwash or heavier cottons?

Kind of. In the fall I was knitting my bridesmaids facecloths in cotton, and before that was mostly dishcloths and the baby blanket. I'm so slow at finishing projects that I'm kind of surprised I'm not still working on the baby blanket :)

But lately I've been doing more winter wear: hats, scarves, and mittens. When it gets hot, I have no desire to be knitting wool, or any yarn that's too warm, so I do think I switch over and just don't notice, but then again, one project used to take me 6 months. Baby steps :)

Maybe this summer I'll finally get on learning socks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about that jacket from White Lies Designs?

Which one is it anyway? I looked and couldnt pick out which one you were talking about.

Secret Swappie

Mary Mary said...

What jacket? I'm so confusd...

Joan said...

I jumped into socks with no help using Cat Bordhi's book (Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles) and 2of the aforementioned circular needles. Try out the book and grab some sock yarn!