Thursday, January 24, 2008

Cocoa Swap Topic #3

I've been very busy and tired this week. It's the first week of my marathon training, so I've actually had to start running again. Running again after a 3 month hiatus was actually a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. So, the running itself has not made me tired, it was more the 10pm soccer game last night.
And perhaps the fact that I am skiing once a week, trying to run 5 times and week, and playing soccer. I've been trying to get to yoga at least once a week too, but my motivation is very low when it's dark by five and the temps are in the 10s.
I have also been knitting, slightly and slowly, a toy for my cocoa buddy so I can't show pictures, but it's very cute.

What is the most 'random' memory you have from your childhood? I know it's not knitting content, but I love learning about the little quirks and interesting things about people!

It would probably have to do with colors. When I was young, I believed that somewhere in the history of English speakers, somehow the names for the colors of black and brown had been switched. I believed that if I started using their "correct" names, I could start the process of reverting the names to their "original" uses.

I have a distinct memory of sitting at a table at my preschool, coloring with my colleagues, my mother sitting nearby. The scene was a barnyard scene with, of course, the requisite pony. I preferred ponies, even at the tender age of three. I asked my mother for the "brown" crayon. She handed me a brown crayon. And I remember throwing a child-like tantrum because she gave me the wrong brown crayon, and how dare she when she knows and must have excepted my color philosophies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful you can do marathons!
I know its hard work. I wonder if there are knitting patterns out there for runners?

Running with Scissors.. eheheh

Secret Swap Pal