Saturday, January 5, 2008

Cocoa Swap Questionaire

Cocoa:
1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk? Water? from home made recipe or store bought?, In a tea cup, or big mug?
The best hot cocoa I've ever had was hot chocolate in Spain, served with a churro. It's a project to melt the chocolate and milk to make yourself, so at home I usually have instant made with mostly hot water and a bit of milk. When I'm lucky, I have flavored specialty cocoa.

2. Marshmallows or whipped cream?
Either. I prefer whipped cream, but I usually settle for a spoon marshmallow fluff.


Yarn/Knitting/Crochet:
1. What is your favorite type of yarn? In what colors?
I really love alpaca and cashmere blends. I don't have a brand preference, but I love deep cool colors, especially purples and earthy mixes.

2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)?
I knit. I'd love to learn to crochet someday, but I'm still in the process of learning different knitting techniques.

3. What are your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new?
I really like wooden needles. Birch, cherry, bamboo, they're alot more comfortable to knit with in the winter when my home is cold :) I would love to try bamboo in small dpn sock knitting sizes.

4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions?
I've had enough for beginning knitting so far, but I'm sure I could use more :)

5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)?
I could use a row counter.

6. What is your favorite 'quick knit/crochet' pattern (quick gratification)
Dishcloths. Useful, quick (even for a slow knitter like me), and a great way to learn new stitch patterns.


Miscellaneous
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter?
Snuggle on the couch with a cup of something hot, a blanket, and some knitting or a good book.

2. What is your favorite animal?
I love ponies. I have distinct memories of being obsessed with horses in preschool. My parents didn't let me ride horses until I was in high school, so the obsession has become firmly ingrained.

3. Do you get the 'winter blahs'?
Definitely. Winter tends to be a bit sunshine deficient, so by the time February rolls around, I am more than looking forward to spring.

4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs?
Spending time outside despite the frigid temperatures, and making soups and and comfort foods.

5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring?
My bulbs coming up! Spring flowers coming up through the snow are one of the most hopeful images I can think of.

6. What are your favorite treat?
I love sweets. I run so I can burn energy to not feel as guilty eating sweets...

7. What is your favorite board game?
Probably Scrabble, but Settlers of Cattan is a close second.

8. Do you have any children (furry or human)?
I have needy, fluffy, white ball of named Myha who loves to meow when she feels lonely and a black geriatric attack Netherland dwarf rabbit named Ishmael. I didn't even know rabbits could growl before Ishmael :)

9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations you partner should know about?
Nope, I can eat and knit with anything.

No comments: