Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas


Everywhere you look.

And this is days after the storm. You can't really see in the picture but there's a 7 foot drift in front of the cars. It's like Christmas weather before Christmas.

It's been an amazing December for ski resort season pass holders in VT. It's really too bad I have had this pesky grad school application hanging over my head so that I have not been able to enjoy it. But despite not being able to do much skiing (or snow plowing, in my case) Being surrounded by snow just put me in the Christmas spirit. As does managing to have all but avoided shopping at the box top stores. This past weekend, we had a most gorgeous blizzard. Any excuse to avoid Christmas shopping with crowds of angry, pushy people is quite lovely, and so much more so with some knitting and coffee and a nice view of the storm. I was not as excited on Monday morning, when I was plowed in, but the 2 1/2 foot snow drifts I had to dig my car out of are still enjoyable in December.

Gift Number 1:
Though this coffee cozy looks decent from this angle, it's got a HUGE seam on the other side. I'm considering cutting the seam, sewing without a seam and felting it together. The yarn is some random rough wool scraps I was given years ago, so I think it would felt well, and that would get rid of the unseemly seam (hehe) that I couldn't even bear to take a picture of.

Gift Number 2:

I really love the way the snowflakes came out. I ended up going with silver paint instead of plain old white, and I think it makes up for the imperfections of my micro-painting skills :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

WOW! I'm super impressed with your paint skills on those needles - really lovely! You have to have a surgeon's hands!