Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Hand Dyed Yarn Swap Package

My hand dyed yarn package came in the other day and look how pretty! It also came with swedish fish, but those didn't last long enough to make it into the picture. Hattie dyed it for me and called the colorway grapevine. It's fingering weight superwash, so I can knit the prettiest socks ever.

You can't really tell from the pictures, but the colors are green and deep purple with some browns and sky blues thrown in there. It's gorgeous. The picture below shows the different colors, albeit darker and less vivid than they actually appear, the light is not so amazing in the computer room...

I don't think she possibly could have realized how perfect the yarn matches this year. My wedding was purple and green, with purple bridesmaid dresses and the hall decorated in green. And we've frequented more vineyards this year between the trip to San Francisco this spring and taking visitors to local VT vineyards this summer than I have in all my former years combined :)

No comments: