Tuesday, August 12, 2008

One Year, One Month, One Day Blogiversary Contest

I can't believe it's been a year already. Time's fun like that. Since my one year, one month, one day anniversary falls so conveniently during the Olympics, I've decided to do this, not unlike the post title, in sets of three.

Prizes:
Gold is the 2 skeins of lovely Purewool pictured below.
Silver wins you the bag pictured. Since this is a knitting blog, lets pretend like it's a knitting bag, shall we?
Bronze will be stitch markers made by me, at some date in the future, 'cause I'm a slacker like that and haven't made 'em yet.
How you win:
You get one entry for commenting on this post with your favorite summer game. If you don't have one, make one up, I'll never know if you're fibbing.

You'll get a second (or silver, haha) entry for sending people here. As usual, you only get the entry if they mention you in their comment.

And the gold entry goes to those more patriotic and Olympic loving than even I. You have to show me an in-progress or finished knitting project with the USA or Olympic rings involved. Picture proof can be through Flickr or Ravelry, just let me know where you have pictures posted.


I will run this contest until the end of the summer games: August 24th, 2008.
Winners will be chosen the last week of August.

Happy Summer Games!

By the way, my favorite summer game has always revolved around the Equestrian events, being as obsessed with ponies as I am. However, in 2004, I found my new favorite: the trampoline. Has anyone else ever seen happier athletes during an athletic event? They bounce and smile and smile and bounce. It's excellent. I'd recommend trying to catch it if you can.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your Blogiversary!!! :)
My favorite summer game is swimming, diving and any other sport where buff men wear very little clothing. :)

XOXO

trash said...

Have literally just this second been discussing this subject with my six y.o. Difficult to pin it to just one, hmm... love watching the gymnastics and swimming but was very taken when son & I watched the slalom kayaking this morning.

wonderwoman said...

hi, have just come to your post via trashalou - congrats on your blogoversary! am a novice myself! the games i like involve horses, three day eventing, but also like the rowing.

Wendy said...

I used to really enjoy watching the olympics, but with everything going on this year I decided to boycott watching them. Not to dis any of the athletes. I think they are absolutely amazing. The water sports swimming and diving are one of my favorites.

allisonmariecat said...

The trampoline!? Fantastic! I somehow missed that.

I am leaving the knitting athletics to others this time around, as I haven't the time to do justice to them :)

Congrats on your blogiversary!

Turtle said...

I love the competitive biking while spitting water on your oponent event! Knitting trapeze artists come in a close second. Seriously i love the olympics and highly support the good ol usa but prefer to watch the winter olympics! I did link to you as well!

sheep#100 said...

Hard to pin down one favorite but we love the baseball here for watching and the swimming for doing.

Happy Blog-Day.

Aunt Kathy said...

My favorite summer fun is SWIMMING too. I am a fish you know.

I have linked your contest on my blog

And now I need to design something with rings on it in my spare (lol) time.

Aunt Kathy said...

Oops I found your contest through Turtle. So give her another entry.

Kristen said...

I found you through the wiknit blog so more entries for her. My favorite summer game to watch is usually gymnastics, but this year I haven't been as into it. I would LOVE that yarn so I'll have to some up with something olympian to knit. ;)

Me, Myself, and I said...

My favorite summer game is a toss up between gymnastics and Tae Kwon Do!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Who can pick ONE favorite Olympic event? I couldn't! Unfortunately, I haven't watched much this year.

Jackie
JackieCastsOn on Ravelry

vickie said...

my favorite Olympic event is gymnastics and the boxing.

Vickie
morgaine1 on ravelry

danielle said...

Congrats on your blogversary!
My favorite events have to be swimming, waterpolo (becuase of a daughter who did both) and westling, because of my son!

Christy said...

Congrats! Posted on my blog!

Fave events? Swimming and gymnastics.

Debbie said...

thanks for the contest. I think I have all 3 entries My fav summer sport is swimming and diving. I've posted on my blog here http://arcticknits.blogspot.com/ and my project is in patriotic colors although it is crochet - will that count? http://www.ravelry.com/projects/gussek/boteh-scarf-2 thanks, Debbie

Jane said...

First - I found you through Aunt Kathy.
My favorite Olympic Sport is gymnastics - the girls especially amaze me!
I'm posting your contest on my blog
I have a patriotic project on my blog - red & blue squares for the Hug Knits Project - in honor of the US in the Olympics.

Jane said...

Whoops - my blog is at
http://janevdoviak.blogspot.com

Georgi said...

Congratulations on your Blogiversary! My favorite sport is the gymnastics, I am always amazed at how the men can throw themselves around the pommel horse. :-) I am posting this contest to my blog right now.

ikkinlala said...

My favourite one to watch is the kayaking, although I'm not sure if I'd want to participate.

amy said...

women's gymnastics - specifically the balance beam. go shawn johnson!!

Anonymous said...

I love the women's gymnastics--but the swimming and diving this year has been exciting!

Sue said...

Georgi sent me here. With eleven dogs at home the only summer sport I know of is throwing tennis balls in the yard. Does that count, since it's also a winter sport?

smariek said...

Happy Blogiversary! I found you through Georgi (http://toknitandwrite.blogspot.com/). I'm more inclined to watch winter games, but if I had to choose a summer event, I guess it would be gymnastics.

katerina said...

My favorite is the synchronized swimming, it's so amazing to me to see how well they Olympians move together!